The main requirements that this system must fulfil are as follows:
- Entry of contact information (phone, address, email, etc.)
for 'potential' volunteers
- Track 'interests', 'skills', 'availability', etc.
- Track the volunteer's state, from 'potential', to 'uninterested',
'willing to help', 'participant', 'organizer', etc.
- Do queries to find out who has not been contacted, and generate
contact lists to use for recruiting new volunteers.
- Track events or actions that require volunteer participation.
- Do queries to match up events/actions with volunteers that have the
appropriate set of skills, interests, and availability.
- Track volunteer's participation in events or actions
Advanced usage ideas:
- Keep track of friendships, so if you get one person to agree to
volunteer, you can easily contact all their friends and get them
to come too, adding a friendly social aspect to the political
- Task elaboration - be able to break large-scope projects down
into small-scope tasks that can be advertised in the volunteer
- Automation of volunteer contact via VoIP service with Asterisk
attached to it. Everyone can be dialed with full voice prompts.
Email, SMS, and postcards can also be automated.